Clarity UNI Ruby
It provides a stable, well-documented interface between Clarity software and the chromatographic hardware.
Clarity UNI Ruby consists of:
- Editor of Ruby scripts integrated with Clarity CDS
- Documentation (CHM help, examples, SDK Discussion Forum)
The Control module translates the commands from Clarity into the language of the chromatographic hardware and vice versa translates the data obtained from the hardware and synchronization events from the hardware's language into function calls, which Clarity expects. Clarity UNI Ruby doesn't require any additional tools. The only requirement is a programmer experienced with writing at least Excel macros and the ability to learn Ruby language and how Clarity CDS interfaces Control modules and chromatographic hardware. UNI Ruby is tested and is used for production projects, for example, the whole range of Fraction Collectors shipped with standard Clarity has been implemented using UNI Ruby. Other production devices implemented in UNI Ruby are pumps, detectors, and thermostats. Except for PDA and MS detectors, any other type of device supported by Clarity can be implemented in UNI Ruby.
UNI Ruby module distribution
UNI Ruby control modules can be used in two ways:
- As privately used modules developed at a customer site without need of any agreement with DataApex or of any additional tools.
- As public modules officially added into the installation.
- Must comply with DataApex requirements and be approved by DataApex.
- If you want to distribute the script to multiple users or use it in a regulated environment, the public module is recommended.
D063 UNI Ruby – Detailed datasheet with step by step description, distribution and support description.